Medical Front Desk Receptionist
Location: El Segundo, CA
We are looking for a dynamic customer service oriented Front Desk Receptionist to join our growing practice.This is a very fast paced environment.. High Energy, Organized, Highly Pleasant - Personal.Candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Punctuality & Strong attendance is a must. He/she must be able to work under pressure and work well with others. He/she must have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comfort patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation will be based on experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
- Bilingual: Spanish preferred
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year experience as medical receptionist required. Workers Comp Experience a plus.