Medical Assistant / NCT
Location: Deer Park, TX
We are looking for a dynamic Medical Assistant to join our growing practice. This is a very fast paced environment. High Energy, Organized, Highly Pleasant - Personal. Candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Punctuality & Strong attendance is a must. He/she must be able to work under pressure and work well with others. He/she must have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Perform selected nursing and administrative duties.
· Prepare patients for examination and treatment.
· Take patient histories and vital signs.
· Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Administer injections and apply dressings as instructed.
· Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
· Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and exams.
· Work closely with the physician to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
· Perform direct patient care as instructed by the physician.
· Maintain equipment for use at all times, in a clean and safe condition.
· Complete appropriate documentation on all patients examined.
· Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service.
· Perform Drug Screens, Breath Alcohol Tests, Pulmonary Functions Tests, Mask Fit Tests, Blood work, and other ancillary tests as directed.
Job Type: Full-time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Quality Focus
· Bilingual: Spanish preferred
· Certified Medical Assistant with at least 1 year of experience preferred
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year experience required. Workers Comp Experience a plus