Location: Chatsworth, CA
ROLE: MA/PT Aide
MA Role Responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic Medical Assistant/PT Aide to join our growing practice. This is a very fast paced environment. High Energy, Organized, Highly Pleasant - Personal. Candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Punctuality & Strong attendance is a must. He/she must be able to work under pressure and work well with others. He/she must have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform selected nursing and administrative duties.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment.
- Take patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Administer injections and apply dressings as instructed.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and exams.
- Work closely with the physician to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
- Perform direct patient care as instructed by the physician.
- Maintain equipment for use at all times, in a clean and safe condition.
- Complete appropriate documentation on all patients examined.
- Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service.
- Perform Drug Screens, Breath Alcohol Tests, Pulmonary Functions Tests, Mask Fit Tests, Blood work, and other ancillary tests as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Quality Focus
- Bilingual: Spanish preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant with at least 1 year of experience preferred
EXPERIENCE: One year experience required. Workers Comp Experience a plus
Physical Therapist Aide Role Responsibilities
Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Physical Therapist Aide Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Scheduling of patients and administrative duties associated with physical therapy department.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
SKILLS: Bilingual Preferred
Apply here: https://proactivework.com/job-listings