Physical Therapy Aide
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Who We Are:
At ProActive Work Health Services, we are committed to bringing back occupational medicine to its original core by customizing services and technology for cost-effective treatment and the highest quality patient care. We are seeking a highly motivated Medical Assistant to join our growing practice.
We Are Looking For: The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, personable, and able to work well in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be motivated, posses excellent communication skills, and work well with others. Candidate will have the willingness and ambition to learn new skills and take on a variety of responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Physical Therapist Aide:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patient onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Scheduling of patients and administrative duties associated with physical therapy department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, and Quality Focus
- Bilingual required - Spanish
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year in occupational healthcare clinic preferred
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 hour shift.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee Discount
- Employer Sponsored Events
Compensation: negotiable depending on experience
For more information please visit our website: https://proactivework.com/