Junior Accounting Analyst
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Highly visible and broad functioning role that will assist with critical functions of business planning and reforecasting, valuations, and internal reporting processes. This role will be responsible for gathering information from across the platform to help produce forward looking presentations, financial statements and operating metrics for senior management and Board members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly and ad hoc reporting in both excel and PowerPoint
- Gathering information and coordinating with internal and external parties to complete reporting tasks
- Managing projects according to agreed timetables to ensure key deliverables are available as required
- Manage research competitor analysis, market stats, and regional benchmarks
- Support Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Be able to work independently to build out reports and use past history to develop an understanding of the business and past trends
- Prepare presentation materials for the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Assist with preparing annual five-year Business Plan and quarterly reforecast
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Maintain monthly and long-term corporate cash forecast
- Assist with the update of financial models and developing new functionality where required under the supervision of the FP&A team
- Assist with preparing materials for ongoing bids for new business and investment opportunities
- Maintain and update acquisition models and associated presentations
- Manage acquisition and investment data rooms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages.
- Must be well-informed on current financial and business environments.
- Demonstrates good financial and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new processes and businesses quickly, with strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented while able to work effectively under pressure
- Must be able to work independently and productively with appropriate supervision;
- Organized with good time management skills and able to manage multiple projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Prior FP&A experience preferred
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Spanish (preferred but not required)
- Must be able to sit or stand in front of a computer for prolonged periods.