Medical Assistant (After Hours)
Location: Ontario, CA
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, personable, and able to work well in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be motivated, possess excellent communication skills, and work well with others. Candidate will have the willingness and ambition to learn new skills and take on a variety of responsibilities during the After Hours operation of our Eastern Region (Ontario, Pomona, Garden Grove) clinics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Assisting with Front Desk and administrative duties, such as answering phone calls, processing referrals, obtaining claim numbers, processing reminder calls and scan visit forms to the patient EMR chart
● Responsible to complete Front Desk supply order (as needed)
● Assisting with general office cleaning duties such as, cleaning restrooms, dusting all surfaces, wiping down main lobby, mop and weep floors, vacuum carpeted areas, clean exam rooms and break rooms, emptying trash liners and taking out to the dumpster
● Maintain equipment for use at all times, in a clean and safe condition.
● Prepare and maintain supplies & equipment for treatments, including sterilization
● Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments
● Assist the On Call and Telemedicine Provider with patient care activities, such as take histories and vital signs, prepare patient for examination and treatment, administer injections and apply dressings as instructed
● Assist the On Call Provider providers in preparing for minor surgeries and exams
● Complete appropriate documentation on all patients examined
● Maintain appropriate communication and good interpersonal skills with Supervisors, Staff, and Patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service
● Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests, and patient issues.
● Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
● Additional duties as requested by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Reliability and Quality Focus
● Ability to work with minimal supervision
● Bilingual English/Spanish
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● One year in occupational healthcare clinic preferred