Medical Assistant / Front Desk Receptionist
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Who We Are:
At ProActive Work Health Services, we are committed to bringing back occupational medicine to its original core by customizing services and technology for cost-effective treatment and the highest quality patient care. We are seeking a highly motivated Medical Assistant to join our growing practice.
We Are Looking For: The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, personable, and able to work well in a fast paced environment. Candidate must be motivated, posses excellent communication skills, and work well with others. Candidate will have the willingness and ambition to learn new skills and take on a variety of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Welcomes and greets patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patient's satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comfort patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recoding, and updating personal financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recoding and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintain business inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer Service Oriented, Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
- Bilingual Spanish - Preferred
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: One year experience required. Workers Comp. Experience, preferred.
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: Dependent on experience.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Time
- 401(k) Plan
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Discount Program
For more information please visit our website: https://proactivework.com/