Front Office Supervisor
Location: Lancaster, CA
We are looking for a dynamic customer service oriented Front Office Supervisor to join our growing practice.This is a very fast paced environment.. High Energy, Organized, Highly Pleasant - Personal. Candidate must be well-organized, detail-oriented, motivated, and have excellent communication skills. Punctuality & Strong attendance is a must. He/she must be able to work under pressure and work well with others. He/she must have the willingness and ambition to learn and take on a variety of responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
· Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
· Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
· Comfort patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
· Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
· Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
· Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
· Bring awareness to the Manager of any needed equipment service and repairs
· Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
· Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies and communicating with clinical personnel of triage needs
· Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
· Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Work closely with management to achieve company goals and cost containment
· Ability to prioritize needs of the patients, clients, and clinic team
· Ability to identify where improvements can be made within the clinic and amongst team members and communicate them effectively with the Center Manager
· Ability to lead team members and create a culture towards achieving company objectives and goals
· Provide guidance and broad supervision of all aspects of the front office and its functions
· Ensure efficient daily operations of the department
· Direct and supervise functions and activities, assist in implementing policies and procedures
· Keep up with company standards and regulations for front office personnel
· Adjusting lunches/breaks for the team to meet demands of the day
· Collaborating with back office supervisor and coordinating/organizing the front office team to ensure a smooth and efficient flow throughout the day
· Ability to use critical thinking to solve procedural problems
· Act as a role model and resource for other staff members
· Reports directly to the Center Manager, Assistant Center Manager and/or Medical Director
Job Type: Full-time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing, Professionalism, Quality Focus
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: One year experience required. Workers Comp Experience a plus, Spanish Speaking a plus